Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's a Boy!

I already posted this on facebook, but I am adding it to my blog for journaling purposes. On October 20th Paul and I found out that we are having a boy. At first I was a little shocked/confused, because everyone was telling me that for sure it was a girl. I wanted to tell the ultrasound tech to check again. The tech checked everything and everything seems to be looking very good. We have another appointment on November 16th.

Paul and I are both very excited. We are going to name him Gavin Jason Battraw. Paul will be able to have his little buddy now to play sports with and all the other boy activities. I am thinking that I want his room to have a sports theme to it. Paul loves sports, so we should start our little guy young, right? It is going to be so much fun decorating and getting ready for him. We are going to be moving at the end of the month, so then I can start getting his room ready.

Here is a little side note. I work at an elementary school as a kindergarten aide. There are five staff members pregnant. Four of us are due in March, and we are all due within two time period. One of the teachers and I are due on the same day and we are both having boys. To make things more interesting, we are both naming our boys Gavin. I told her that it would be funny we both actually delivered on our due date.

Here is a picture of our little man



and here I am at 20 weeks



I really can't believe I am already half way. Time is really flying by.

I know I say this all the time, but Paul is going to be a great dad. He is always texting me throughout the day to see how his baby is doing. I love it.

Well that's all for now.

3 comments:

kellibattraw said...

You are one cute prego, really! We are anxiously awaiting a new Battraw boy cousin. : )

Paul and Jen said...

Thank you Kelli! Yay for boy cousins!

Scott and Genevieve said...

Congrats on the boy. You look so cute!