Wednesday, June 16, 2010

UGH!

First off, I really wish I was still in Vegas. My week would have been much better.

Tonight I was in my first car accident. It is was more frustrating than anything. I was minding my own business driving in the far left lane, approaching the intersection at Cooper and Warner. A green Silverado slowly started to pull of out the gas station on the corner, over the two middle lanes. It looked as though it was going to let me drive passed, before going.Boy was I fooled. I start honking for the truck to pay attention, but it didn't do a bit of good. Because.....they side swiped me. I kept honking and seeing if the truck was going to stop. Did it stop and pull over? Oh no, it kept driving. I hurried at got the plate number and the description of the truck and the driver. Drum roll please.....Old lady who looks like she is in her 70's trying to drive a truck 100 times her size. I called Paul and told him what just happened. He said that he was coming. Then I called the police. The police came, and asked what happened. I told him the truck pulled out and side swiped me. Then he asked me how it happened. Are you kidding? I just told you. Well I told him I don't know "how" it happened. He gave me the information paper to fill out, and he was going to go find the driver. I am grateful he was able to find the driver. He brought her back, and she started telling me she REALLY had no idea she hit someone. Did she miss the fact that I was laying on my horn? The police officer then asked me if I wanted to file a report. He said that she would be cited if I did. She started begging me to not file a report and she would pay for it. Also told me not to do it, because it would cost her more money if I did. Really lady? You just caused and accident and kept driving. Of course I am filing a report. She kept begging and pleading, so the police officer said that he will file a report, but that she wouldn't be cited. WHAT! She caused an accident and kept driving. The officer had to go to her house to pick her up. She got off scott free....until next time. I am sure there will be a next time for her. She really needs to be more alert, and drive a truck that isn't 100 times her size. It is too dangerous for her. There were so many things I wanted to say to the lady, but I controlled myself.

In the middile of all this, she asked if Paul was my dad. Paul does not look like he is 50 thank you very much. She then said that we look to young to be married. Paul told her we have been married for almost four years. She then proceeded to tell us that she has been married for almost 40, but maybe not after that night. I guess this was her way to calm things down. Nice try.

Well that's about it.

The Vegas post will have to be for another day.

1 comment:

EmileeandJonny said...

wow! what a story- Yikes!!! I hope my keys are taken away from me before I get to that point!